Tuesday 17 October 2017

In the manner of - Richard Diebenkorn

Beach Road II and III

These are my first in this style for over 6 years and has been prompted by a commission from a customer in Sarasota, USA for whom I will be producing a single 6' x 5' canvas.

For these working sketches I have used various paints on stretched canvas then used a combination of sanding and scraping to take the paint back. Although significantly inspired by the work of Richard Diebenkorn and his Ocean Park series it is a style I enjoy using.

It is my intention once the commission is completed to work on some similar smaller size works as below then move to the larger canvas format basing them on the colours and shapes I see as I visit our local beaches at Branksome and Sandbanks.

Beach Road II - SOLD



Beach Road III




The canvasses are both set on a back board and set in recess within a natural satinwood frames 

The artworks measure 24" x 18" - framed 29" x 23"







No comments:

Post a Comment