Saturday 21 May 2011

Peter Haigh - Artist - 1914 - 1994

As you are aware over the last 5 weeks I have been busy preparing 11 works for my first show which started on May 5th and to date has proven to be a very positive new step forward in my goal to devote as much of my time to art as I am able and my selling success allows.


Since the start of the show I have completed two commissioned canvasses and I have also begun a new series of works -12 of which I hope to feature in another show and the balance to be available within my eBay shop which I am aware has been empty for too long!

Peter Haigh


In the meantime I would like to introduce another favorite artist of mine – Peter Haigh – whose work I have admired for several years and whose influence some of you may recognize within my own work.


I have been lucky to view a number of his works in private galleries and auctions and love the simplicity of the shapes and the wonderful tones and colours – I have enclosed images below.


However he is not widely known and one struggles to find information about him however should you like to know more then please click onto www.paisnelgallery.co.uk where you will find more of his work and a biography. I would also be grateful for any information that anyone has on Peter Haigh - please feel free to use the comment facility for this.






No comments:

Post a Comment